I wrote to you just over a week ago with an offer of help and support in case you are feeling stressed or unwell at the moment. I particularly mentioned eating distress because we have noticed that there has been frequent soiling of the toilet facilities on your floor with vomitus, first before Christmas, but worse this term.
No one has asked for help so far, although of course that offer remains open and will remain open for the rest of the year. I have included a copy of my last letter with this one in case you misplaced it before.
The soiling of the toilet facilities, however, has become a greater problem. This must now stop immediately.
As well as vomitus in and around the toilet, we have seen toilets blocked with paper and sanitary products – and even a toilet brush. This is very unfair on other uses of those facilities, extremely unpleasant for the cleaners, and poses a hygiene risk, particularly in view of our recent outbreak of diarrhoea & vomiting. This can only be deliberate: sanitary products and toilet brushes do not put themselves into the toilets. And whilst all of us at Connaught Hall will do our utmost to help and support anyone who is experiencing mental or physical health challenges, we will not allow the continued deliberate soiling of toilet facilities.
Please follow this guidance:
- Place any sanitary products for disposal in the bins provided.
Do not put them in the toilet.
- Use the sanitizer spray provided and a small amount of toilet tissue to clean the toilet seat before use (if you wish to).
Do not put layer upon layer of tissue on the toilet seat, as this causes blockages when it is flushed away.
- If you have an accident and soil the toilet seat or the area surrounding the toilet, please use the cleaning spay and some toilet tissue to wipe it up and then flush away the tissue.
Do not leave faeces or vomitus on the seat or around the toilet.
Cleaning spray has now been provided, so there is no excuse for leaving a mess.
- After you have flushed the toilet, use a brush if necessary to clean it. Do not use a brush while there is still tissue in the toilet bowl.
- If you notice any soiling of the bathroom or toilet facilities, please report it immediately:
- Phone reception (extension 8200) and tell them what the problem is; and
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can build up a record of exactly when this is happening. This should help us to track down the person responsible.
- If you have any suspicion of who might be responsible, please talk to me in confidence.
I hope this is clear. Allow me to stress again that if you are experiencing problems right now, we will do our best to help and support you. Provided there is not more soiling of the toilet facilities, there will be no disciplinary repercussions. If, however, this mess continues to be a problem, I will have no option but to pursue this as a disciplinary matter, for the sake of all the other residents on the lower ground floor.
As always, please contact me if you need any help, advice, or further explanation.